Cary, NC – The 2011 Cary Chamber of Commerce Small Business Awards gathered an impressive crowd at the Embassy Suites in Cary on Thursday, May 12th. This annual awards ceremony is dedicated to honoring local small businesses for contributions to the community through innovation, creativity, sustainability, success and community service.
2011 Small Business Award Winners
These are the Cary Chamber of Commerce Small Business Award winners for 2011:
- La Farm Bakery won the Small Business of the Year Award;
- Equity Saver Plus, Inc. for the Innovation Award;
- The Meat House for the Community Service Award;
- Robert G. (Bob) Smith, CPA for the Employer of the Year Award;
- Yes! Solar Solutions for the Green Plus Sustainability Award;
- Cary High School for the Entrepreneurial Award in Education;
- Charitable Partners Award, created specifically for the nonprofit organizations in the area, was awarded to The Miracle League of the Triangle.
[Editor’s Note: Interestingly, we’ve done stories on 5 of the 7 award winners. So keep reading CaryCitizen to discover which businesses will prove to be next year’s Award winners.]
In the Picture
Award winners pictured above:
Kathy & Stew Miller – Yes! Solar Solutions, Traci Brown & Jim Huggins – The Miracle League of the Triangle, Derek Wilkins – The Meat House, Missy & Lionel Vatinet – La Farm Bakery, Theresa Lobdell – Equity Saver Plus, Inc., Craig & Cynthia Wilkins – The Meat House, Robin Freer – La Farm Bakery, and Becca Smith – Robert G. Smith, CPA
The Cary Chamber Small Business Awards were sponsored by Crescent State Bank in partnership with Burns & Bynum CPA, Carolina Hurricanes, Progress Energy, Triangle Business Journal, and WakeMed Cary Hospital. Table sponsors included Atlantic Tire & Service, BB&T, Equity Saver Plus, Inc., First Citizens Bank, SunTrust and Wachovia A Wells Fargo Company.
Congratulations to all the award winners and nominees.