Story from staff reports. Photo by Jessica Wise.
Cary, NC – Get out your Uncle Sam hat for a massive Fourth of July weekend in Cary. See it all on the Calendar.
Five Music Events
Check out some of these five musical events around town this weekend. All are free!
- Triangle Brass Band – Friday, July 1 at Sertoma Amphitheatre in Bond Park. 7 PM (free)
- Shady Grove Band – Bluegrass and roots Southern music. Friday July 1 at Page-Walker. 7 PM (free)
- Independence Eve at Sertoma – Applause! Cary Youth Theatre and the Cary Town Band. Sunday July 3, 6:30 PM (free)
- NC Symphony – Monday July 4th at Booth Amphitheatre. Evening concludes with the Triangle’s biggest fireworks display. Gates open at 3 PM (free)
- Cross Currents Open Rehearsals – Tuesday- Thursday, July 5-7. Takes place at the brand new downtown Cary Arts Center, 2-5 PM (free)
RailHawks and USA Baseball
What could be more American on a July Fourth weekend than going to a baseball game? And just to kick it up a notch, it’s the USA National Collegiate Team vs USA 18+under. The game starts at 7:05 PM on Saturday, July 2 at Cary’s Field of Dreams, USA Baseball Park. Buy tickets at the gate.
Across town, the RailHawks (11-1-1) have been tearing up the NASL. The next likely victim is Montreal (2-4-7) who will visit Cary on Sunday, July 3. Game starts at 7 PM and is followed by fireworks.
Seed Spitting, Donut Eating and a Fishing Contest
Cary’s Independence Day Old Time Celebration is a great family event from 7:30 AM – 3 PM on July 4th at Bond Park.
Register for the fishing contest starting at 7:30 AM.
There’s a parade at 10:30 AM. Decorate your cart, bike, wagon or stroller (no motorized vehicles). Prizes in various categories. Parade assembles at the Kiwanis shelter starting at 9:30 AM.
At 11 AM, there’s Donut Eating, Lakeside Olympics, Watermelon Eating, Watermelon Seed Spitting, Water Balloon Toss, Hula Hoop Contests and more for the whole family at the Bond Park Boathouse.
Visit the Calendar
See all this and more on the CaryCitizen Calendar of Events.