Pittsboro, NC – Whether you call Chatham County home or are just visiting, you’ll find plenty to do and see.
From crusty pizza to hot air ballooning, biking, hiking and antiquing, here are my Top 5 Things To Do In Chatham County.
1. Local Pittsboro Restaurants
- Angelina’s Kitchen, Pittsboro – Local ingredients with a Greek twist. Gyros, falafel, spanakopita, hummus, tabouli, tzatziki, skordalia, baklava, and more! Open Monday through Friday 9am – 7pm.
- Bella Donna, Pittsboro – Authentic Italian food, served in our beautiful new Tuscan themed dining area. Open Mon – Wed: 11 am – 8 pm. Thu – Sat: 11 am – 9 pm.
- Carolina Brewery, Pittsboro – Locally-owned brewery and restaurant that has drawn international attention for its handcrafted beers, all brewed in-house by Brewmaster Jon Connolly and his team. Open 7 days a week.
- Fearrington House Restaurant, Pittsboro – Elegant dining experience and award winning Fearrington Restaurant. Open Tuesday – Saturday, 6 pm-9 pm. Sunday, 6 pm-8 pm.
- Small B&B Cafe, Pittsboro – Affordable, seasonal, local, establishment with a heavy emphasis on sustainability and environmental responsibility. Open Wed – Sun, 7.30 – 2 pm (Sun, open at 9 am).
- Virlie’s Grill, Pittsboro – Delicious homemade soups, salads, and more. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Monday: 6am – 3pm; Tuesday – Saturday, 6am – 9pm; and Sunday, 8am – noon.
2. Go For A Spin On Chatham County Mountain Biking Trails
- Briar Chapel Community, Pittsboro
- Harris Lake, New Hill
- Carolina North Forest, Chapel Hill
- American Tobacco Trails, Chatham & Durham Counties
3. Grab A Kayak
4. Fly In The Clouds in a Hot Air Balloon
Join balloon pilot, Richard Parr, on a journey floating quietly over the beauty of Chatham County. Mystic Venture will take you on a flight either mornings or evenings, except summer when it is all morning flights. The flights last one hour and include champagne! The total time required is three hours. The cost is $200 for single and $300 for two. Don’t forget your camera!
5. Antiquing Fun For All
- Southern Treasures, Pittsboro – Specializing in quality furniture from the 1800′s to the 1940′s, clocks, McCoy pottery, Depression and other glassware, silver and silver-plate.
- French Connection, Pittsboro – Offers an eclectic variety of French antique furniture and items for the home. Also features African art and crafts and a large selection of French and African fabrics.
- Old Pittsboro Antiques, Pittsboro – Features furniture and collectibles of all types. Super friendly and helpful owner.
- Beggars & Choosers Antiques, Pittsboro – Has three full floors of shop featuring everything from large furniture pieces to Japanese prints to 50′s ashtrays and 40′s curtains. Also specializes in vintage jewelry, clothing, and hats.
- Hickory Mountain Antiques, Pittsboro -Bob and Peggy Mowrey have been in the antique business since 1995 specializing in selling wholesale to dealers for resale.
- Paynes Antique Stained Glass, Pittsboro – Paynes has 6,000 sq. ft. of shop housing antique English stained glass, antique English furniture and collectibles. They also have wrought iron and concrete pieces, as well.
What’s Your Favorite Thing to Do in Chatham County?
What’s your favorite restaurant, shop, park or festival in Chatham County, NC? We’ve sure covered a lot of them in Route 64 Journal. But I always love to hear about more!