samosa

Summer Recipes: Summer Samosas

Story originally appeared on FoodCary.

Cary, NC – Summer is a more relaxed time which means amateur cooks can use those extra moments of the day to try out new recipes. CaryCitizen has asked chefs from local restaurants to contribute summertime recipes. This week, it’s Syed Yousuf from Kababish Café with a recipe for Summer Samosas. Read more

BrianRecipe2

Summer Recipes: Strawberry and Camembert Cheese Salad

Cary, NC – Getting together with friends and family over good food is always fun and the Summer is a perfect time to try new things. CaryCitizen is reaching out to local restaurants and chefs to get their Summertime recipes, so before you plan your next get-together or just a fun night at home, check out our recipes! Read more

Photo by slgckgc

Recipe: Swizzle Drinks

Cary, NC – Every summer needs its own drink, that signature cocktail that defines a period in time. This summer, I’m mixing up a big batch of Swizzle drinks. Read more

Shrim

Summer Recipes: Citrus Chili Tequila NC Shrimp

Cary, NC – Here’s a recipe from one of our favorite Cary chefs for marinated shrimp on the grill. Quick and easy, thrill your guests with this restaurant-quality dish.
Read more

veg-burrito-2

Recipe: Vegan on the Grill

Cary, NC – All the cool kids are going vegan. I know, because my picky 16 year old has suddenly decided she can’t eat anything with a face. Read more

citrus-chicken

Recipe: Citrus Chicken on the Grill

First published on FoodCary.

Cary, NC — Chicken on the grill is a Spring classic. But this recipe for Citrus Chicken on the Grill is something special. Read more

sausages-title

Recipe: Top 10 Sausages for Spring Grilling

Editor’s Note: This story first appeared on FoodCary.com

Cary, NC – The birds are fluttering and the green shoots are poking up from the ground. Must be time to clean off the grill and fire up a hot mess of sausages. For your culinary pleasure: Top 10  Sausages for Spring Grilling. Read more

Barbecue

Recipe: NC Barbecue, Your Way

Editor’s Note: This story was first published on FoodCary.com.

Cary, NC — Matt Young, a featured contributor for Food Cary, shares his entire step-by-step process for preparing and smoking eastern NC-style barbecue, from the grocery store to the best sides and sauces for serving time. Read more

Cookie

Recipe: Gooey Chocolate Chip Cake Bars

Cary, NC — There are a lot of chocolate chip cookie-lovers out there, and many of them – like me – prefer their cookies to be soft and gooey. That’s why I use this recipe – which includes cake mix – as an alternative to your classic cookie.

Read more

Lemon Bars

Recipe: Lemon Bars

Cary, NC — These delicious lemon bars are an unexpected dessert that will impress people at parties, dinners, get-togethers – you name it. They look and taste like something you’d find at a bakery, but, in reality, they’re so simple and easy to make.  Read more