Photo by slgckgc

Recipe: Swizzle Drinks

Story originally appeared on FoodCary.

Cary, NC – Every summer needs its own drink, that signature cocktail that defines a period in time. This summer, I’m mixing up a big batch of Swizzle drinks. Read more

Shrim

Summer Recipes: Citrus Chili Tequila NC Shrimp

Cary, NC – Here’s a recipe from one of our favorite Cary chefs for marinated shrimp on the grill. Quick and easy, thrill your guests with this restaurant-quality dish.
Read more

veg-burrito-2

Recipe: Vegan on the Grill

Cary, NC – All the cool kids are going vegan. I know, because my picky 16 year old has suddenly decided she can’t eat anything with a face. Read more

citrus-chicken

Recipe: Citrus Chicken on the Grill

First published on FoodCary.

Cary, NC — Chicken on the grill is a Spring classic. But this recipe for Citrus Chicken on the Grill is something special. Read more

sausages-title

Recipe: Top 10 Sausages for Spring Grilling

Editor’s Note: This story first appeared on FoodCary.com

Cary, NC – The birds are fluttering and the green shoots are poking up from the ground. Must be time to clean off the grill and fire up a hot mess of sausages. For your culinary pleasure: Top 10  Sausages for Spring Grilling. Read more

Barbecue

Recipe: NC Barbecue, Your Way

Editor’s Note: This story was first published on FoodCary.com.

Cary, NC — Matt Young, a featured contributor for Food Cary, shares his entire step-by-step process for preparing and smoking eastern NC-style barbecue, from the grocery store to the best sides and sauces for serving time. Read more

Cookie

Recipe: Gooey Chocolate Chip Cake Bars

Cary, NC — There are a lot of chocolate chip cookie-lovers out there, and many of them – like me – prefer their cookies to be soft and gooey. That’s why I use this recipe – which includes cake mix – as an alternative to your classic cookie.

Read more

Lemon Bars

Recipe: Lemon Bars

Cary, NC — These delicious lemon bars are an unexpected dessert that will impress people at parties, dinners, get-togethers – you name it. They look and taste like something you’d find at a bakery, but, in reality, they’re so simple and easy to make.  Read more

King Cake

Recipe: King Cake for Mardi Gras

Cary, NC — I hadn’t heard of the King Cake, a Mardi Gras tradition in New Orelans, until about a month ago. Right away, though, I was intrigued, and who could blame me? A King Cake is sparkly and colorful and comes with a baby baked inside – not your average cake, for sure. As a curious person, I had to experience this for myself (and by that I mean bake one). Read more

LeadFood

Super Bowl Recipes for Panthers Fans

Cary, NC — The Carolina Panthers are in the Super Bowl, and, without a doubt, area fans will be celebrating Sunday night with themed snacks and parties. I did some research to find easy, tasty Panthers-themed party recipes for loyal fans. Read more