Home » Archives by category » Community » Food » Recipes

Food: Easter & Passover Recipes

Passover begins tomorrow evening (Friday, April 3, 2015), while Easter falls on this Sunday (April 5, 2015). Whether you celebrate with Matzoh Ball Soup or an Easter Ham, four CaryCitizen recipes can "serve" as great entrees, sides, or desserts for this weekend's holidays.…

Recipes: Irish Treats for St. Patrick’s Day

Try two festive Irish treats--Irish coffee and Chocolate Bread Pudding--on Tuesday to make your St. Patrick's Day dinner a little sweeter. …

Recipe: Shepherd’s Pie

There is no pie in Shepherd's Pie. Just a bottom layer of meat and vegetables and a top layer of mashed potatoes.…

Recipes: Snow Cream (For Next Time)

Have you ever made snow cream? This week's snow wasn't favorable for snow cream-making but, next time it snows, have this recipe ready.…

Food: A Family-Friendly Valentine’s Day Dinner

When I was a little younger, before the days of dates and boyfriends, my mom would always prepare a special Valentine's Day Dinner for our family--complete with festive pink food. With a little bottle of red food coloring and a lot of love, you can do the same thing.…

Superbowl Eats: Seattle Dogs

A quick scan on the internet kept bringing me back to the classic "Seattle Dog," which uses cream cheese, of all things, as the signature condiment. Legend has it that a street bagel cart first created the recipe.…

Food: A Lighter, Loaded Potato Soup

The weather forecast for the next week or so has caused many of us to seek soul-warming recipes. We asked Dan Saklad from Whisk to provide us with one of his favorites--a healthier version of your classic loaded potato soup.…

Recipes: Cocktails to Ring in The New Year

Serving a signature cocktail to your guests signals that you think they are special. You took the time to research something fun, buy the ingredients and make a drink just for them. Because let's face it--anyone can go buy a bottle of champagne, but not everyone can pull off a…

Recipe: Braised Pork Chops

I always like to sear a piece of meat in a pan and then pour in some liquid and let it simmer for an hour. The meat has all the flavor you lose in boiling but is as tender as a four-hour stew.…

Recipes: Homemade Christmas Candy

We've found that homemade candy is the perfect treat to give out as little gifts to neighbors, teachers, bus drivers, friends, and extended family around the holidays. Then, we save our "big dinner" for Christmas Eve and snack on the leftover candy and appetizers on Christmas Day. …

Page 1 of 11123Next ›Last »