The winners of the Eva Perry 4th Annual Teen Art Contest were announced earlier this week and it is an impressive and varied body of work. The artwork spans genres including drawing, painting, digital art, multimedia, photography and 3D. It is on exhibit now at the Eva Perry Library, 2100 Shepherds Vineyard Drive in Apex.
“This is the definitely the best show yet,” said Lindsey Dunn, Eva Perry’s young-adult librarian.
The show will remain at the library through Saturday April 9, so get over to see if while it’s still up.
The library partnered with professional artists to judge the budding student talent. This years’ judges included Catherine Martin, who owns The Red Canvas in downtown Apex, Katy Henderson, a librarian at the Cameron Village Library, and Ronnie Williams, art teacher at Apex Middle. Students that entered ranged in age from 6th grade to 12th grade.
The winners by category:
- 1st-Download by Eileen Heilsnis
- 2nd-Cyborg Bust by Sohyun Lee
- 1st Mademoiselle du Chaos by Eileen Heilsnis
- 1st Iced Berry by Shaina Katz
- 2nd Enter Serenity by Nicole Martin
- 1st–Righteous Queen by Eileen Heilsnis
- 1st–Mona by Eileen Heilsnis
- 2nd–Self Portrait by Sean Neal
- 1st–Still Life by Jing Yuan
- 2nd–Anti-Monochrome by Bethanne Granger
Congratulations to these aspiring and accomplished young artists!