Story and photo from Cary Area EMS.
Cary, NC – You never know when disaster will strike. Are you prepared? Cary EMS Citizens’ Academy can help.
Cary EMS Citizens’ Academy
This four-week free educational program will provide an introduction to emergency medical services in an interactive environment.
Instructors, all professional staff members with Cary Area EMS, will teach practical sessions about EMS and what function EMS plays in today’s society. Participants will experience hands-on classes, learn CPR, and tour an emergency room and a 911 communication center. Highlights and benefits of the program include:
- First hand knowledge of the training and education of EMS professionals.
- An enhancement of our Public Safety training as it pertains to citizen contacts based on the information received from participants.
- Participants will have an increased awareness and appreciation of EMS.
- Participants will gain knowledge of general public safety procedures.
- Informative and interesting presentations by qualified speakers.
- A fascinating overview of Cary Area EMS.
- “Hands On” demonstrations.
- The class size is limited to 20 students to allow closer interaction between speakers and students.