Cary, NC- Some of the most iconic leaders in Cary will be on our panel of judges for the 2014 Cary Scavenger Hunt. Thank you, judges!
Cary Scavenger Hunt – Connecting People
CaryCitizen likes to connect people in the community. Our Cary Scavenger Hunt is our biggest example of how we do that in a very real and physical way through an event that brings people, places and businesses together all in one fun-filled day.
All teams are judged by some of Cary’s famous town leaders. These include the Town Council members, a State Legislator, presidents and directors of some of Cary’s most iconic institutions.
Be on your best behavior! Teams may get hot under the collar as they present their answers to our clues, and they will be judged by these wonderful town leaders. You wouldn’t want to get on their bad side, would you?
Our Esteemed Judges
Chief Judge – Joy Pike, former Chairperson, Heart of Cary Association.
- Doc Thorne – Past president, Heart of Cary Association
- Kris Carmichael – Supervisor, Page-Walker Arts & History Center
- Peggy Van Scoyac – Cary historian
- Ed Yerha – At-Large Member, Cary Town Council
- Becky Colwell – Manager, Koka Booth Amphitheatre
- Lyman Collins – Cultural Arts Manager, Town Of Cary
- Jack Smith, Town Council District C representative
- Tom Murry – Representative, North Carolina State Legislature, District 41
- Preeti Waas – Executive Chef of the Matthews House
- Ralph Ashworth – Owner of Daphne’s Hallmark and Ashworth Drugs
- Rachel Baranski – Director, Applause! Cary Youth Theatre
- Susanne Portanova – House Manager, Cary Arts Center
- Howard Manning – Executive Director, Dorcas Ministries
- Mary Davis Wallace – Executive Director, Cary Visual Art
- Eleanor Thorne – Businesswoman, member of Cary’s Technology Task Force
- Steve Thorne – Businessman, lifelong Cary resident
- Denise Russo – Heart of Cary Association
- Brent Miller- President, Friends of Page-Walker Hotel
Now’s your chance to test your knowledge and have fun building some connections to the town we all love. Whether you’ve lived here your whole life, or you moved in last year, you will learn something about Cary on Sept 21- we guarantee it!
There’s less than 1 week to register for the fun.
4th Annual Cary Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, Sept 21, 2013
starts and finishes at historic Page-Walker Arts & History Center
119 Ambassador Loop
Downtown Cary, NC
Check in at 9am. All teams must return to Page-Walker by 1:30 pm. Winners announced approximately 3 pm.