Cary, NC – For the fifth year in a row, CaryCitizen brings to town the Cary Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, September 13, 2014 at the historic Page-Walker Arts & History Center.
But First, What Is It?
The Hunt is an all day event and will test your knowledge of Cary – food, history, shopping, sports and much more. It will also test your ability to strategize.
Teams of four compete to see who can figure out the answers to our cluebook questions and come back bringing home the most points.
What Kinds of Questions?
Glad you asked.
- They may need to find a mural and tell us its name.
- Team may climb a wall and have a photo to prove it.
- Maybe there’s an item that must be brought back as proof of their journey.
Participants in the 2014 Cary Scavenger Hunt will learn about public art, locally owned businesses, parks, greenways, entertainment venues and history. Its also been called a good team-bonding event.
We are excited to once again partner with the Town of Cary as our hosting sponsor, and with Atlantic Tire and Service as the presenting sponsor. The latter is providing an outstanding surprise (but we’ll get to that later).
More of Everything
Last year, despite the threat of inclement weather, which forced a late move indoors to the Cary Town Hall, our teams had a spectacular time. We intend to make the 2014 Cary Scavenger Hunt even better. More activities, more prizes, and more food!
Prizes & Raffles
Grand Prize in each category (Family & Adult) of the 2014 Cary Scavenger Hunt is a giant trophy cup stuffed with cash. The more registrations we receive, the more cash for our winners. And, there’s even a prize for the team with the absolute lowest score.
No matter how many (or how few) points you score, everyone can win a raffle drawing. Grand Raffle Prize is a set of 4 Michelin Tires from Atlantic Tire.
Live Electronic Scoring
New this year will be live scoring. Teams have asked us if we could post scores live during the event. Many want to see how they did versus the field of competitors. Our system is still in the works, but it is our intent to have an electronic board displaying scores, and a live social media stream that broadcast what folks are posting to twitter and other social media during the day. Possibly some live video from inside the inner sanctum of the judging room.
If you have played with us before, watch for a special email including a discount code to this year’s registration site . We are also creating promo codes for Heart of Cary Association members and Town of Cary staff. Sign-up early to guarantee your team will have T-shirts (they’re definitely part of the fun).
4 Ways Follow Us- It Pays
- If you are thinking about forming a team to join in on the fun, start by subscribing to CaryCitizen’s emails so that you don’t miss a story or hint about what’s to come.
- Visit the Cary Scavenger Hunt website and subscribe to that feed for up -to -date info exclusively pertaining to the Hunt.
- Like us on facebook and join the Cary Scavenger Hunt event. Then watch for “Clue Bombs” where we give hints to questions hidden in the secret cluebooks.
- Follow us on twitter and look for helpful hints. The HASHTAG is #CaryScavHunt
The 5th Annual 2014 Cary Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, September 13
9:00am – 3:00pm
Page Walker Arts & History Center
119 Ambassador Loop, Downtown Cary
Check in from 8:30- 9:15
Winners announced at 3:00
Event is rain or shine.
More info: http://caryscavengerhunt.com/